To provide quality education and instruction by highly qualified and trained instructors in the fields of Cosmetology, Manicuring, and Esthetics and to promote strong work ethics and instill professionalism in each student.
St. Joseph Beauty University is located at 2207 N Belt Hwy in St, Joseph, MO. The building has 6200 square feet with a large open clinic floor, a classroom, a facial room, manicure and pedicure areas, and administrative offices. The facility can accommodate a maximum of 6 Barber students, 50 Cosmetology students, 6 Manicuring students, and 6 Esthetic students.
In 1952, the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology issued a school license to William and Helen Gilchrist for St. Joseph Beauty University, located at 805 ½ Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO.
In July of 1966, the school moved to 22nd and Mitchell, St. Joseph, MO. The name and ownership remained the same. On April 14, 1987, the ownership of the school changed and a new school license was issued to St. Joseph Beauty University Inc., Robby Robertson. The name and address remained the same.
In September 2006, the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology approved a change of ownership and a new license to Cheryl Cattan. The name and address remained the same.
On October 28, 2008, Cheryl moved the school to our present location on the Belt Hwy in the Anderson Ford Plaza.
December of 2011 Missouri Board of Cosmetology & Barber Examiners approved & licensed St. Joseph Beauty University of Hair & Nail Design as a “Cross-Over” school. That allows instruction of barbering to be taught in addition to our other programs.
Cheryl Cattan, Owner
Jeanette Moran, Campus Director